Wednesday, June 24, 2020

WORDS DON'T WORK

I've said everything I had to say
And I've said nothing at all
For all the words in my repository
Still seem so empty and small.

Tears flow down but those are drops
That have a mind of their own
Not so good at expressing a thought
They leave me feeling more alone.

I hear a song and it touches my heart
Yet, it's not the song I'd sing
For a song needs soul and I'm out of that
And all I can feel is a sting.

There's hope they say, round the corner
And I fervently pray they are right
For all the things they say aren't true
And hope isn't watertight.

It's not too late for conversation
But talk when wedded to lament
Is just a chaos of despair and defeat
And probably a summary of repent.

All the words and all the silences
Will never suffice, I fear
So I guess it's best to be monotonous
And live to persevere.

No comments: