Thursday, September 11, 2014

Let's Do This!

I don't have a strategy for fun
And I'm not sure if you're The One
There's a part of me that's feeling distorted
And yet, somehow I stand here feeling sorted
I won't distill my feelings, I won't clarify my thoughts
I'll let the evening play out, I won't connect the dots
This night is not for reason, it's for the ache in our heart
Sometimes the journey is wonderful, when you upset the cart

So let's settle down, send our doubts to the pyre
I've got a steady gaze, what else do we require?
Let's do this, baby, let's make it wow
Epic can wait, let's live in the now.

I don't have an appetite for drama
And I'm pretty certain your middle name is Trauma
There's a little voice that says I should be cautious
And yet tonight, that voice makes me nauseous
I won't look for your back-story, I won't slot you into a category
I won't impress you with my wardrobe or my vocabulary
For what are we, if we haven't lived raw and unfettered
If we haven't understood that not all experiences can be bettered

So let's settle down, tell our phones to retire
I've got an open mind, what else do we require?
Let's do this, baby, let's make it wow
Epic can wait, let's live in the now.


No comments: