Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Good, Bad

The good news is the flame is still there
The bad news is I've forgotten how to start a fire
The good news is that work is aplenty
The bad news is that plenty of the work is terrible

The good news is that people are generally nice
The bad news is that I'm not generally nice with them

The good news is that laughter is easy
The bad news is the laugh is often on me
The good news is the house looks great
The bad news is it's still not my home
The good news is that friends will beckon
The bad news is that I've nothing to hold them back
The good news is that change is inevitable
The bad news is that I distrust change

The good news is that life is decent
The bad news is that I'm not good with decent

The good and the bad
The yin and the yang
On a melancholic morning
A not-so-young poet sang.

No comments: