Tuesday, December 01, 2015

MEDIOCRE


Never ever came first
Or gunned for the ubiquitous gold
Never ever took the lead
When beauty was being extolled
Never ever fought for corner office
Or the chance to captain the team
Never ever thought of pursuing passions
That would improve my self-esteem
Never ever exceeded expectations
Or followed my true calling
Never ever made myself so interesting
That I could be called enthralling
 
There was a slot called Mediocre
And happily I settled in
Time flew and through it I knew
That Mediocre lies Within.
 
Never ever won anything
Or wrote anything too clever
Never ever took efforts
That would qualify as an endeavor
Never ever shone in charity
Or in talents that make one large-hearted
Never ever learned anything new
That would help me get re-started
Never ever earned a salary so high
That it would deem as taxable
Never ever had a dream so big
That it almost seemed impractical
 
There was a slot called Mediocre
And happily I settled in
Some run the race, others admit with grace
That mediocre lies Within.
 

No comments: